Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Lesson to be Learnt

Just another common day passes by... As we all continue on with our lives aimless each day... And yet, we still prevail... Another exam tomorrow, Math... just done studying for it... Hope that it'll work out well... My eyes are heavy, I feel a little sleepy... So, I'll try my best to write my way through...

As I wondered through this weary day aimlessly, my mind was gushed with memories... Childhood memories... As I flashback to the times of my foolishness and mischief, I recall a short story I once(more than once) heard from my father... It goes something like this... bear with me for a while... I will get ot the point right after this story... "A young black boy was strolling in the park undirected... And as he looks up to the vast blue skies... He spots a balloon... A white balloon to be exact... This balloon came from the park... he moved towards this section and he sees a tall man in his early 30's selling balloons to children no more older than him... And every 5minutes, this man releases a balloon into the sky to attract the attention of children... This black boy was distressed by a question... the boy asks the balloon salesman... If you let a black balloon into the air, will it float too?... The man answer, Why, of course... the man lets a black balloon drift through the skies... Then he looks to the boy and tells him... The colour of the balloon does not matter, it is what's on the inside that makes the balloon float"... This story does not exactly end here(i think)...but thats as far as i go for now... well... the point is... This young black boy learns that the colour of the skin does not really make a man... In fact, it is only the inside, the soul of a person which forges a true man... it is the heart of a person initiates the mold of a man... it is the person inside which fabricates a man of honour, trust and worthy... This is the lesson to be learnt...

However, what has the world come to? What has this wretched world come to... to be able to brainwash a young innocent child into thinking that he is not worthy of himself? What has this sordid world become... to be able to manipulate a child into thinking that he does not deserve to live like the any other? Has this pitiful world degraded into a place of such absolute remorse, such affliction, such sorrow... To be able to diminish the confidence of a child based on his bare skin colour? Is he to peel his skin off in order to be accepted by the community? Is he to bleach his very body just to be aprroved by the society of ignorance? Is he not just as worthy and honourable as any other?Is he not a miracle of God?

No comments: