Thursday, March 02, 2006

Unforgettable Times

Fully aware of the work I was getting myself into, I remained decided about taking 3 core subjects in semester... I had a Math exam today, a Science exam tomorrow and a Social exam on Monday, how exciting "whoopiee-doo"...... And yet another week of school is about to pass... The earth remains rotating and the sun remains still.... Life Goes On...

As I was writing my essays on my religion assignment which is due on Monday, it got me really thinking back and reliving the unforgettable moments... The small instants where only you can remember...Those short times where only you might think its important... A moment treasured forever, by you and you only... For me, I have too many to be listed... Well, what can I say, I am a lucky man... Some people might think of being sick as a depressed interim... However, I try to make the best out of everything, be optimistic... I once had a high fever, nothing lethal, but I rested the whole day and night, and in the middle of the night, I wake up to see my dad standing right beside me, with his coarse hands over my "overheated" head, praying for me... Hoping ad praying that I would get better... When he finally saw my eyes open, he smiled at me(a smile of only a father) and softly told me to get some rest... This might not be much to most people but to me, it is...

And as I wrote that essay, I thought some more, and I vaguely remember this incident where I was sick, nauseated and unwell... I was vomitting nothing but water for about 1 hour or so... My body was becoming weak, frail and fragile, while my mom sat next to me in the clinic... And finally, I vomitted for the last time as I was about to faint... and as I was just about to pass out, my mom held me closely as only a mother could... That right there was instantaneously an unforgettable moment for me... and this post could go on for pages but I will have to stop right there...

Its times like these where a boy knows that he is greatly loved, cared and somewhat appreciated by his family... Its times like these that makes a boy feel the security of life, no matter the conditions (being sick, healthy, or even 3000 miles away) it doesn't really matter... Life is about memories and dreams... We relive the past just to prepare ourselves for the future...

A way to relive the good times, forget the bad and dream about the future.
Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.
Every man's memory is his private literature.
We do not remember days; we remember moments.
Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us.

No comments: