Thursday, December 16, 2010

Love Song

I haven't slept in days
still all I write
is nothing but love songs

I hear the birds sing
they sing a song of you and me
filled with all the colours of the rainbow
red, blue, orange
orange, pink and purple..
All the colours I feel

The sky turns blue
lit up by the morning sun
yet my day remains dark
till the moon lights up my day

the sunset's beautiful
still the sun must go down
I've seen this before,
all I see is a grey grey tune
but you show me a lighter side
a lighter side to keep me out of drowning waters

I'm afraid of what the night brings
the darkness hides away many pains
many untold stories
the moon is my only light
forever bright and bold
always by my side

To tell you the truth,
I never thought of where this could go
but we're here now
and all I want is to be there
I'll step out into the light
I'll leave the darkness behind
with the moon as my guide

I hope you can see
that you're in the middle
the middle of my very own love song

No comments: