Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Friend and a Girl

I had a friend
who loved a friend
they cried when they could
they smiled when they should
they lived far from one another

This friend had a name
the name was...its all the same
All the same played a game
and I always thought it was lame

This game was simple
they fought when they could
they loved when they should
but that brought about a dimple

I never really understood
what was so good
Thought it was just false hope
that could only leave you to mope

But now,
I would like to take a bow
For they are proof
that I am just another goof

Now, I see the sense in it all
Now, I see the love all-in-all

I met a girl
she took me for a twirl
swept me off my feet
made my heart skip a beat

I want to take her out
show her my world
I love her without a doubt
enough to travel across the world

Girl,
I miss you when its bright out
I miss you when it rains
I miss you when I'm alone
I miss you when I'm not

Take a step with me and be bold
'Cause I want to always hold
onto you when you're cold
until you're grey and old

No comments: