Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What Is Life?

This seems to be my first experience to blog... Today, Life goes on as it is, just like any other day, nothing in particular... I finally got the chance to clean up the house a little...after two long busy weeks...I finally get to sit down, relax and unwind...

As I was walking down the street to 7-11 today... I see this tiny insect that looked unique, special, distinct and maybe even disturbing in a way... Although I am not proud of it, the fact remains...I am not a fan of insects...However, this insect somehow caught my attention... I had to pause my motion for a moment just for the sake of lookin at this deceased insect... It were as if the very life and soul of it had been ripped out of this feeble creature... Watching the insect helplessly gasping for the breath of life got me thinking... WHAT IS LIFE? To many of you, life is just a word. Life is no more than a common word created by man but what is life? Is life having been able to experience pain, anguish and suffering or is life a journey of empathy and sympathy or is life just another word from the dictionary or bible?
Most people might say that I am not old or experienced enough to be reviewing this topic... However, I have my own personal point of view about life itself. According to most teachers, professers and philosophers, life is an instrument of God(as some might say)...No arguements about that... However, what I don't fully appreciate is their lame definition of life... Life is defined as "intervals between birth and death" ... Personally, I think that is all just mere crap... Life is about vitality, the mere existence of a soul... birth and death is just another phase of life... no more, no less...

1 comment:

chris_devils3 said...

hey...this is ur bro

never thought an insect could inspire you to write so much..

I ll be taking a walk to 7-11 later on...watching out for insects...

And hey, I saw a dead dog that day, OMG, I was gutted...