Sunday, February 05, 2006

Missed

Annapolis was a great movie....quite inspiring actually... I basically spent whats left of my night doing my social homework... which was kind of a pain in the neck...

As a foreign student, I am aware of my friends and families' astounding presence... I appreciate the good times and miss them at times... But as I thought of it... This phrase... this verbalism... turned out to be remarkably true... " We don't miss things that are not gone"... To me, that slogan is "THE" slogan... That catchphrase runs through my troublesome mind everyday... I for one, realize the depth of that phrase... Having friends and families 3000 miles away isn't an ideal situation (not complaining or anything)... It has it times... however, most people do not understand the great deal of crave or desire which could be caused by this tormenting word...MISS...

In my point, I miss my home, my family, my friends(a couple of them at least) , and food(can't forget that)... And the ONLY reason i crave for these are because they are gone from the reach of my arms...I never truely realized the benevolence of home until life grabbed me by the balls ... And just like most people, "you never know what you're missing till it's gone"... Most family and friends will be waiting for that long anticipated call from the guy overseas... And when they do receive it, it's like an adrenaline rush... However, the rush does diminish... As soon as the guy from overseas calls once too many... the rush subsides rapidly... the more they communicate, the less the call is appreciated... Before you know it.... BHAAMMM... just like that, the guy is barely missed.... It doesn't matter after a while where the guy remains... He becomes just like any other... a commoner... no reason to be missed anymore...

No comments: